Whether you’ve been involved in a car accident or an accident at work, you may be eligible to receive compensation for your injuries. Of course, the damage must occur due to no fault of your own. Conditions on a job site, for example, must not be adequate safety-wise. If that is the case, you will want to hire an experienced personal injury attorney promptly. Here are a few questions to ask beforehand.
Questions to Ask
If you must, write these questions down before your consultation. The information provided is designed to be as useful as possible.
• What areas of law do you specialize in?
• Have you handled personal injury cases such as mine? If so, how many?
• How long does it take to resolve an injury case such as this?
• How many personal injury cases have you brought to trial? Were the results favorable?
• How many cases are you currently handling?
• How often will you communicate with me?
• Can I receive references from past clients?
• What is your contingency fee?
The answers to these questions will provide plenty of insight into the character and professionalism of your chosen personal injury attorney. While perhaps not life or death, personal injury cases still require an expert on legal matters.
The Right Attorney
Just because you have scheduled a consultation does not mean you are locked down with this particular attorney. If they have answered your questions and you are not satisfied with the answers, then, by all means, seek representation elsewhere. It’s important that you feel comfortable with your chosen lawyer.
Please do not hesitate ever to ask questions of your attorney. They are here to help!